|Read: Genesis 3: 1-7
“It’s Not Addictive, Honest!”
|Genesis 3: 6 (ESV) “So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise,…”|
|1. These verses seem to encapsulate Satan’s attacks.
2. Satan is a pervert, taking what God intended as good for us and twisting it for his evil.
3. Satan’s first step is to get us to doubt God: “Did God really say…?”
4. Lie #1: No consequence to sin. Lie #2: You can be Godlike.
5. Satan’s three prong attack. 1. Make it a need. 2. Make it attractive. 3. Make you smart.
6. Satan’s three prong attack on Jesus. #1. Matt. 4:3 turn these stones into bread, #2. Matt 4:8 Satan showed Jesus the beauty of the land that he would give Jesus, #3. Matt 4:6 Satan said, jump off the Temple and outsmart death.
|Did God really say that you can’t do drugs, pornography, alcohol, or abort a baby? Satan is a pervert, twisting God’s truths to snare and enslave us. He gets us to doubt God’s promises, and His love for us. Satan justifies his plan by making what we desire a “need”. He makes sin attractive. He flatters our intellect, to keep us away from trusting God. Satan always employs this three prong attacks.
Since Satan already lost, he pulls out all stops and is relentless with his lies. Such as, “Marijuana is not addictive and has health benefits”. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, “Marijuana can be addictive. People who begin using marijuana before age 18 are 4-7 times more likely than adults to develop problem use.” “Any medical benefit from marijuana can be obtained in pill form.” But wait, “Did God really say you must not eat of any of the fruit?”
Satan’s biggest lie is that there is no consequence if you don’t follow God. Calling abortion “pro-choice”, for example, makes it a need and not a death. Hence, there are more deaths through abortions, than there are from heart disease and cancer combined. Satan inflates our egos, clouds the truth, and his tagline is, “It’s not addictive, honest.”
|Loving Father. Lucifer was renamed Satan, when Michael kicked him out of heaven. In Romans 12:2, You said through Paul, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Protect my mind from evil. When attacked, help me to remember and apply Your words. In Your name I pray, Amen.|
Rick Borgman on Physics and God’s P… Sharon on Listen, Trust, Follow…Re… Rick Borgman on True Cub Fan markebrewer on The Ride of Your Life Alma Shireman on The Ride of Your Life