Isaiah 52:7 (NLT) How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.
1. The word “feet” is in reference to a runner who would be sent out at the scene of a battle to bring news of the outcome to a waiting king. (i.e. Marathon to Athens)
2. How wonderful the privilege to be God’s messenger, to be His beautiful feet on the mountain. A mountain, a high place for all to see and witness.
3. Paul refers to us as His masterpieces, created with a purpose long before we were born.
4. He created us from His heart. Not like a dog house from a blueprint. Therefore, we treat ourselves and others as true works of His art.
5. In John 13:5 Jesus, the humble messenger, washes His disciples’ feet, and later instructed them to by His messengers.
God created me, His “Mona Lisa”, to share His message. We are all His masterpieces to share His message. How often have I missed my opportunity to be His feet? In John 12:3, Mary anointed Jesus’ feet with perfume filling the house with a fragrance. We are to carry His message, like a fragrance.
There are different kinds of feet in the church. Which am I; Stinky feet, where I complain and am not the “fragrance presented by Christ to God”? Am I feet that have fallen asleep, say nothing, and just sit on the bench? Am I athlete’s feet spreading my bad attitude like a virus? Am I feet with an ingrown toenail where I only focus on self? Or am I two left feet, stumbling over “self” and in my ignorance of God’s Word, do not carry His message accurately? I want to be God’s “beautiful feet” and I share the His good news with the world.
Loving Father. LORD help me to learn and understand your word so that you can use me to spread your message. I want your words to flow through me. Please forgive me when I let “self” mute your message. When you give me the opportunity to tell others about you, make the words that come from me be only yours. Send me LORD.I want others to get so excited about your great message that they can’t contain themselves. Do with me what you want, I am yours. In your name I pray, Amen.